Get the inside scoop on what's cooking at
Taste of the Times
A ham is already cooked so the baking is to just warm it up and season with sauce.
Browse from over 714 recipe videos! All Recipe Videos »
Browse all text recipes! All Text Recipes »
"Us Yankees love our (stuffed) eggs," says Jim Bailey, The Yankee Chef. With his roots firmly planted in the traditional Yankee cuisine, Bailey sure knows that the best way to everyone's heart is through their stomach. This week, the Yankee Chef finds his way into our hearts with his recipe for Stuffed Eggs.
A twist on the traditional deviled egg (typically prepared with paprika), Bailey substitutes spice for the salty Italian specialty, prosciutto. Says Bailey, "It's almost like having bacon and eggs."
And the flavor doesn't stop at the prosciutto. This recipe also features the spicy kick of mustard, the sharp bite of cheddar cheese both of which are balanced nicely with the creamy tang of sour cream.
Serve these mouthfuls of cheesy delights warm and make sure to make an extra batch. Once you serve them, they'll be gone in a flash.
12 Whole Eggs, Hard Boiled
3 Teaspoon Mustard
4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Chives, Chopped
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
1. Hard boil eggs for 6 minutes.
2. Separate yolks from whites.
3. Place whites on baking sheet and yolks in a bowl.
4. Add mustard, sour cream, chives and cheese to the yolk bowl.
5. Blend until smooth or creamy.
6. Add the butter and blend again.
7. Prepare the filling (yolk mixture) by filling a piping bag (or plastic bag with a cut corner) with the yolk mixture.
8. Fill each egg with the mixture with the contents of the piping bag.
9. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
10. Broil for 3-5 minutes, until the tops of the eggs are just turning golden brown.
11. Top each egg with a piece of prosciutto.
Recipe courtesy of Jim Bailey, the Yankee Chef, 2013.
Jim Bailey, The Yankee Chef, is a third generation New England chef and Food Historian. Being a chef for over 25 years, his first cookbook, in a series, entitled The Yankee Chef came out this year. H